Talk to one of our specialists for further details on our incredible Antarctica safari options.
Explore the stunning waterways which surround the Great White Continent that is Antarctica. Go in search of Adelie, Gentoo and chinstrap Penguins as well as a range of whales all whilst being followed by a vast array of Antarctic birdlife such as albatross.
An exciting journey throughout the Antarctic Peninsula, exploring incredible landscapes and watching for endearing wildlife, including Gentoo penguins, humpback whales, minke whales and much more. There are seven species of penguin and at least three species of whales that you could encounter throughout your journey so keep your eyes peeled at all times for glimpses of wildlife. When wildlife is spotted from the bridge, your captain will endeavour to maneouvre towards the sightings wherever possible, or you may head out on a Zodiac excursion for better photographic opportunities.
Your exact expedition route may vary depending on local ice and weather conditions, the availability of landing sites and opportunities to see wildlife. The final itinerary will be determined by the Expedition Leader on board. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Spot humpback whales and minke whale.
- Opportunity to set foot on the continent of Antarctica.
- Enjoy zodiac cruises alongside mighty icebergs and magnificent ice formations.
- Visit vast penguin colonies.
- Conditions permitting, land at “the penguin post office” at Port Lockroy.
- An opportunity to contribute to major research studies focused on Antarctica
- Sail on the same ship that the BBC Blue Planet team used for filming