The grizzly bear is one of the most instantly recognisable animals on the planet. Both charismatic and fearsome, these massive mammals are found across Alaska, but the remote wildernesses that you’ll be visiting in this safari are favourite haunts of this apex predator. Visiting three lodges across south-central Alaska, all of which are situated close to waterways that provide grizzlies with their staple summer food of salmon, you’ll be able to watch the bears from boats, kayaks and on foot. In addition, you can explore the remarkable forests and mountains that are found throughout the state, as well as spot Alaska’s prodigious birdlife and marine life.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Explore the national parks of Katmai, Lake Clark and Kenai Fjords.
- Search for black bears and grizzly bears by boat and on foot.
- Kayak across clear, still lakes in search of bears fishing for salmon.
- Potentially see grizzly bears gathering in massive numbers.
- See the Alaskan wilderness from the air during floatplane transfers.
- Enjoy the stunning wilderness areas in which your three remote lodges are situated.
See the iconic grizzly bear converge on the waterways of America's most wild and picturesque state, Alaska.