Talk to one of our specialists for further details on our Namibia wildlife safaris.
The Caprivi Strip is a narrow extension of land protruding from the northwest of Namibia, bordering Angola and Zambia to the north and Botswana to the south. Unfairly overlooked by most travellers in favour of the more famous safari destinations within the country, like the Kalahari Desert, Skeleton Coast and Etosha National Park, the riches of the Caprivi Strip are unique within Namibia and comprise a fascinating destination for the safari aficionados wishing to step outside of the ordinary. Geographically and ecologically distinct from much of Namibia, the 450km strip is characterised by rich floodplains and flowing rivers that attract water-loving species like hippo, crocodile and waterbuck. On this NWS RAW safari you’ll be discovering all that the Caprivi Strip has to offer, spending time in a number of reserves and national parks situated throughout the area.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Eschew tradition and discover a little-known corner of Africa.
- Sight water-loving species like hippo, buffalo and sable antelope, otherwise rare sights in Namibia.
- Cast your line in the mighty Zambezi River for the fearsomely toothed tigerfish.
- Travel through Namibia’s own version of the Okavango Delta, a land of rich floodplains, rolling rivers, lush vegetation and groups of elephants, zebra, kudu and more.
- Watch for cheetahs, leopards, lions, hyenas and African wild dogs stalking their prey.
- Spot more than 400 species of bird that either make their home here or visit the area during the course of their migration.