A great base from which to explore thundering Victoria Falls, Ilala Lodge offers comfortable and affordable rooms.Find out more
On this safari you'll be able to witness the second-largest terrestrial animal migration in Africa as huge herds of zebra and other herbivores arrive into Nxai Pan National Park. From here you'll travel to the Okavango Delta and spend three days exploring the region's wildlife-rich waterways, before ending your journey at Victoria Falls, the largest waterfall in the world.
From huge herds of migrating herbivores to the interconnected waterways of the Okavango Delta and the awe-inspiring sight of Victoria Falls, this itinerary presents Africa on a scale seldom seen on other safaris. Following the beginning of the rainy season, the safari starts in the usually dry and arid Nxai Pan National Park, now transformed with the arrival of vegetation that blankets the area. After witnessing the migration of zebra, wildbeest and other species, you'll then travel to the Okavango Delta to look for elephants, lions, Cape buffalo, a profusion of birdlife and many other animals that call this sprawling wetland home. Your journey will then end at Victoria Falls - the largest waterfall in the world when taking into account its combined width and height - where you'll be able to partake in a number of activities against the backdrop of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Enjoy fantastic predator sightings at Nxai Pan National Park.
- Witness the second-largest terrestrial migration in Africa, as thousands of zebra, wildebeest, and other herbivores flock to the seasonal feeding grounds of Nxai Pan.
- Become awestruck at the dizzying array of stars in the night skies.
- Feel the heartbeat of the Okavango Delta, exploring the labyrinth of waterways, islands and lagoons of this vast wetland.
- Search for the Delta's wildlife by foot, vehicle and traditional mokoro canoe.
- See the magnificent and thunderous Victoria Falls with your own eyes.
- Choose from a variety of activities on offer at the Falls, including bungee jumping, helicopter or microlight flights, guided walks and sunset boat cruises.