If you are longing for all the adventure and wildlife of Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, but with a softer landing for a more family-friendly trip, this safari provides just that. Designed for families with children in mind and based around our favourite land-based lodges, this itinerary encompasses everything mainland Ecuador and the remote archipelago have to offer: the history and charm of Quito, the comfort of an award-winning National Geographic lodge in the beautiful rainforest, and the abundant and diverse wildlife of the magical Galapagos. This safari delivers a fantastic educational glimpse into two of South America’s true wildlife treasures.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Get up close with the wildlife of the Galapagos, from iguanas and frigatebirds to tortoises and blue-footed boobies.
- The geology of the Galapagos is like no other; explore lava tunnels, coral beaches, lagoons and more.
- Observe the abundant wildlife of the Ecuadorian rainforest, in one of the world’s most exclusive lodges.
- Follow expert naturalist Galapagos guides in search of some of the islands' endemic wildlife.
- Make the most of snorkelling opportunities in the Galapagos, with sea lions, turtles and more.
- Enjoy a half-day city tour of Quito, one of UNESCO’s first ever World Heritage Sites.