Each day you head out with your expert tracker and experienced guide for the unique opportunity to track the elusive South American pumas in Torres del Paine National Park. The air is cold as you traverse the wild south in search of these fascinating big cats in their natural environment. During your journey you can explore caves and witness ancient paintings, witness impressive rock formations and watch out for other wildlife of the region, including the mighty Andean condor, guanacos, grey and culpeo foxes, the southern caracara, and other birds including upland geese, black-faced ibis, Chilean flamingos and more.
Based in the exclusive Explora Patagonia lodge, and with breath-taking scenery on your doorstep, even if the puma eludes us, there is still plenty to see in this impressive part of Patagonia.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Track the elusive South American puma with expert guides.
- Travel mid-winter for the best chances of spotting pumas in the wild.
- Explore the fascinating Torres del Paine National Park.
- Experience the amazing wildlife of the area.
- Stay in luxury at Explora Patagonia.