A spectacular two-week journey through wildlife-rich Borneo including Sepilok, where you can see orangutans as they are re-habituated after deforestation or poaching, and the Kinabatangan River, a haven for wild orangutans, proboscis monkeys, mouse deer, wild boar and buffalo. You will then move on to the Danum Valley, a pristine example of Borneo's primary rainforest, where you can explore via the canopy walkway and viewpoint. Finally, head off to the paradise island of Pulau Tiga for some relaxation and water activities, from diving and snorkelling to relaxing on the powder-white sands.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Experience the feeding of orangutans up close at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
- Explore the forests where orangutans live in the wild, as well as gibbons, proboscis monkeys and leaf monkeys, swinging through the trees of their natural habitat.
- Go on river safaris along the wildlife oasis of the Kinabatangan River.
- Stay deep in primal rainforest at Danum Valley, some of the oldest jungle in the world and home to 10 species of primate, as well as pygmy elephants, sun bears, clouded leopards and an incredible array of tropical birds and reptiles.
- Explore forest trails, view the jungle from a towering canopy walkway and go on guided night walks to spot nocturnal creatures.
- Watch the sun rise from the forest canopy for your private canopy breakfast in the Danum Valley.
- Visit the Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary and the Sun Bear Conservation Centre to learn about the great work being done to preserve these endangered species.
- Swim among the coral gardens and relax on stunning beaches on the private island of Pulau Tiga.
the perfect wildlife and beach combination safari, ideal for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.