Starting at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, this family safari gives you the chance to see orangutans as they are rehabilitated from the wild after poaching or deforestation. Moving on to the Kinabatangan River, there is a host of activities available to you in this wildlife-rich area of Borneo, from cycling to boat safaris in search of proboscis monkeys, pygmy elephants and a variety of diverse birdlife. From here, you head off to Kota Kinabalu for some sublime relaxation on the white-sand beaches of the island's west coast.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Experience the feeding of orangutans up close at Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
- Visit the Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary and the Sun Bear Conservation Centre to learn about the great work being done to preserve these endangered species.
- A great way for children to learn about orangutan and wildlife conservation.
- Explore the jungle-clad rivers where orangutans live in the wild, while gibbons, proboscis monkeys and leaf monkeys swing through the trees of their natural habitat.
- Embark on river safaris along the wildlife oasis of the Kinabatangan River.
- Swim in the South China Sea and relax on the beach with stunning views of the Tunku Rahman Marine Park.
Enjoy wild activities and intimate wildlife encounters for an unforgettable family safari.