Six days of adventure showcasing the wildlife of Alaska's southwest coast. This unique trip offers volcanoes, beachcombing, hiking, wilderness solitude, and world-class wildlife viewing.
The Alaska Peninsula is incomparably rich and rugged. Your days will be spent with enormous brown bears and salmon on the Pacific Coast of Katmai National Park. From the camp in the flower-filled dunes, you can watch sea birds fish, observe bears cruising the beach, see active volcanoes smoke in the distance and watch the dramatic weather move over this wild landscape. Your days will be filled with exploration.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Camp in Katmai National Park which boasts some of the highest densities of brown bears and the largest brown bears in the world
- Observe the Katmai bears, generally found in the lush meadows or on the beach
- Head out for tundra hikes, beachcombing and tidepooling
- Perfect for a private family adventure in the remote wilderness
- Watch from the camp as seabirds fish, and active volcanoes smoke in the distance