Though most trips to a country take in a handful of its most famous destinations, it takes a truly epic adventure to include the whole array in one itinerary. The Ultimate Peruvian Adventure is one such itinerary, with a host of exciting visits to cultural sites and wilderness areas taking place over the course of three weeks. The ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is well known, but that's not the only stop on this star-studded tour – you'll also be delving into the Amazon Rainforest, taking to the waters of Lake Titicaca and getting a bird's-eye view of the enigmatic Nazca Lines, a series of huge geoglyphs carved into the earth of the Nazca Desert around 1,500 years ago. All this and much more is awaiting you in picturesque Peru!
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Explore Colca Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in the world, where Andean condors soar through the skies.
- Visit Uros, an island within Lake Titicaca made from tortura reeds by the local inhabitants, known as the ‘Water Tribe’.
- Explore Cuzco, the ancient Inca capital of Peru, and marvel at venerable temples and cathedrals.
- Catch a train through the Sacred Valley on your way to Machu Picchu.
- Immerse yourself in the Amazon Rainforest, the largest jungle on the planet, observing its abundant and diverse wildlife on foot and by boat.
- Fly over the mysterious Nazca Lines and indulge in Lima's blossoming culinary scene.