Peru is a brilliantly diverse country, from the highlands of the Andes and its mysterious Incan archaeological sites to the lowland Pacific region and colonial splendour of Lima, intriguing Colca Canyon, the world's highest navigable lake Titicaca with its unique floating reed islands and the steamy Amazonian basin, filled with exotic wildlife and wonderful scenery. We have carefully selected this itinerary to showcase this incredible variety in what will be a journey of Latin discovery.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Discover Colca Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in the world
- Visit Uros, an Island within Lake Titicaca made from Tortura reeds by the local inhabitants, known as the ‘Water Tribe’.
- Explore the ancient Inca capital of Peru, Cuzco and find old temples and cathedrals.
- Catch a train through the Sacred Valley on your way to Machu Picchu.
- Meet the wildlife of the Peruvian Amazon via canopy walkways, boat rides, night safaris and fishing.