Ecuador has the highest level of biodiversity per square kilometre of any nation, meaning your excursions into the wilderness during this thrilling safari are sure to result in sightings of many fascinating animals. Your two-week journey also includes visits to the dense jungle of the Amazon as well as the Mashpi Cloud Forest, while the Andean Highlands are home to a number of indigenous species in addition to rolling hills, mountains and even volcanoes. This trip will allow you to drink in the different yet equally captivating atmospheres of all these environments, all while staying in two brilliant wilderness lodges, a boutique city hotel and a converted 17th-century hacienda.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Experience the culture of Ecuador's historic capital, Quito.
- Observe the abundant wildlife of the Ecuadorian Amazon during your stay at the specialised Napo Wildlife Centre.
- Spend time in the highlands of Ecuador, with a chance to spot the Andean condor and the elusive Andean spectacled bear.
- Hike on self-guided trails in the shadow of the towering Cayambe Volcano.
- Enjoy the luxury and remoteness of Mashpi Lodge, one of National Geographic’s “Unique Lodges of the World”.