This remarkable trip takes you and your family across Sri Lanka beginning at the Horathapola Estate; a striking area where coconut, mango, pineapple and spices are grown. You will all then venture into the Wilpattu National Park (the biggest national park in Sri Lanka) where you can search for Asian elephants, birds and a whole range of other fauna and flora.
You will be able to speak to your personal guide to design your days specifically to your requirements; so if your son or daughter has a particular interest in birds or insects make sure you tell the guide who will then be able to keep an extra special eye out to keep both you and your children entertained.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Discover ancient civilisations – visit the awe-inspiring Sigiriya Rock Fortress and explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa by bicycle.
- Experience the landscape – wander around verdant tea plantations, drive through arid landscapes dotted with hydrating wewas.
- Unique opportunity – visit rural villages and learn from the locals.
- Wildlife spotting – explore the incredible Wilpattu National Park in search of the Sri Lankan sloth bears, Asian elephants and leopards.
- Relax – spend some quality time in the shallower waters of the east coast.