Unlike other members of the big cat family, the snow leopard cannot be seen on a traditional safari. Its high-altitude habitat is cold, harsh, mountainous and often inaccessible to all but the most determined traveller. But on this departure you’ll be able to step foot in the land of the leopard, and hopefully become one of the few people on earth to have seen this predator in the wild with your own eyes. Along the way you’ll get to experience seldom-visited Ladakh, a place where tradition runs deep. Regardless of what wildlife you may encounter here, your time spent venturing through Ladakh’s austere landscape and discovering its ancient Buddhist monasteries will leave you with an unforgettable experience.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Follow the tracks of the elusive snow leopard through stunning Himalayan mountains.
- Spot other species like the ibex, bharal, Himalayan wolf, Tibetan sand fox and golden eagle silhouetted against the stark beauty of the Ladakhi landscape.
- Experience the peaceful lifestyle of Buddhist monks and their beautiful hilltop monasteries in Leh.
- Meet members of the Snow Leopard Conservancy, a foundation supported by Natural World Safaris who work tirelessly to protect this endangered species.
- Learn about the Himalayan way of life from the villagers of Ladakh, and pay a visit to local gompas and stupas – structures used as places of learning and mediation by Buddhist monks.