Unlike other members of the big cat family, the snow leopard cannot be seen on a traditional safari. Its high-altitude habitat is cold, harsh, mountainous and often inaccessible to all but the most determined traveller. But on this departure you’ll be able to step foot in the land of the leopard, and hopefully become one of the few people on earth to have seen this predator in the wild with your own eyes. Along the way you’ll get to experience seldom-visited Ladakh, a place where tradition runs deep. Regardless of what wildlife you may encounter here, your time spent venturing through Ladakh’s austere landscape and discovering its ancient Buddhist monasteries will leave you with an unforgettable experience.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Explore the remote Indian region of Ladakh, some 10,000 ft above sea level.
- Visit centuries-old Buddhist monasteries among the Himalayan Mountains.
- Learn about the local culture and traditional ways of life that still persist here.
- Spend six days tracking snow leopards – the most elusive and mysterious of all the big cats – in the company of an expert local guide.
- Spot other species like the ibex, bharal, Himalayan wolf, Tibetan sand fox and golden eagle silhouetted against the stark beauty of the Ladakhi landscape.
- By embarking on this safari, you'll have the chance to make an optional donation to Snow Leopard Conservancy, and contribute to the ongoing research, protection and survival of this big cat in doing so.