An excellent choice for travellers who wish to combine excellent game-viewing with some beachside chill-out time, this Tanzania safari begins in the country's largest national park, Ruaha. Situated in a transition zone between Tanzania's southern and eastern regions, Ruaha contains a diverse range of landscapes that provide habitat for a range of species. You'll find thick vegetation in some areas and open plains the next, and skeletal baobabs giving way to rocky escarpments. Africa's third-largest painted dog population can be found here, in addition to lions, leopards, impala, waterbuck and around 10,000 elephants. Next up is the vast Selous Game Reserve, four times larger than the Serengeti and home to a catalogue of iconic species, from the buffalo and black rhino to zebra and Nile crocodile. Accompany your guide through the wilderness and make the most of your time in this wildlife-rich reserve, before ending your safari with sun, sea and sand on the famed island destination of Zanzibar.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Keep your eyes peeled for the Big Five.
- Set foot in some of East Africa's wildest regions.
- Partake in game drives, walking safaris and boat safaris.
- Watch for majestic predators like the lion, leopard and painted dog on the hunt.
- Spot huge herds of herbivores as they flock to the rivers.
- Kick back at your Zanzibar lodge and do as much or as little as you choose.