A truly unique week exploring the far western reaches of Tanzania, spending time in one of the largest wildernesses in Tanzania: Katavi. In Katavi there are huge numbers of hippos, elephants, crocodiles and more, and their presence around waterholes makes for excellent wildlife-viewing. You'll then move on to enjoy an unforgettable chimpanzee experience, trekking each day into the forested Mahale Mountains from your base at Kungwe Beach Lodge, on the shores of Lake Tanganyika. Here you can not only track the chimpanzees but also take to the lake and enjoy the beach, whether it's canoeing, swimming, walking or simply sipping a cocktail. It's the perfect way to combine relaxation and adventure at the end of your Tanzania safari.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Watch hippos, crocodiles and savannah game at the watering holes of Katavi National Park.
- Enjoy bush walks, game drives and boat safaris.
- Track chimpanzees in lush tropical jungles.
- Swim, fish, canoe, sip cocktails and take forest walks at Mahale.
- Spend four nights on the golden shores of Lake Tanganyika.