This eight day itinerary heads straight to Katavi National Park where you will explore via game drives and walking safaris. This area is excellent for the big cats, as well as elephants, crocodiles and more, and it is so peaceful, you are almost guaranteed to see no other tourists during your stay. From here you head to the Mahale Mountains, home to one of the largest troops of habituated chimpanzees, spend a few days tracking them and some time relaxing on the beach before you fly back to Arusha for your international flight home. This is a short itinerary that can easily be combined with Tanzania's incredible beaches or other destinations in East Africa.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Track habituated chimpanzees at Mahale National Park.
- Stay in the luxurious Greystoke Camp, directly on the beach and backed by jungle.
- Venture to Katavi, virtually untravelled and rich in incredible African wildlife.
- See the abundance of wildlife via game drives and walking safaris.
- Enjoy a luxurious dinner under the stars in the bush, surrounded by wildlife.
- Experience a night fly-camping.