Taking in both natural wonders and key cultural sites, this safari is a wonderful way to experience some of the most instantly recognisable symbols of southern Africa. Beginning in Sabi Sands Game Reserve – one of the best places in South Africa to observe wild game – you’ll spend a handful of days embarking on game drives and bush walks alongside expert guides, as you search for the Big Five – lions, leopards, elephants, black rhino and Cape buffalo – as well as a vast array of other wildlife. Further north, the majesty of Victoria Falls is sure to take your breath away, and as your safari winds down you’ll have the chance to explore the famous coastal city of Cape Town, scale Table Mountain and drink in the culture of the surrounding area.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Spot big game in Sabi Sands, a private game reserve adjacent to Kruger National Park.
- Gaze in awe at the world’s largest waterfall, Victoria Falls.
- Explore South Africa's vibrant and second-largest city, Cape Town.
- Take a tour of Robben Island, where former South African president Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years during apartheid.
- Watch waddling penguins at Boulder's Beach, home to a colony of about 3,000 birds.
- Take in breathtaking vistas from atop Table Mountain.
This trip is ideal for those hoping to experience some of southern Africa’s most iconic sights.