Sibuya may not be a big name, but it makes a big impression on any traveller lucky enough to pay a visit. One of South Africa’s most beautiful private game reserves, Sibuya is found along the coast of the Eastern Cape, and its plains, forests, riverbanks and rolling hills are home to a rich variety of wildlife, including almost 400 species of bird. The reserve is also malaria-free, offers a high density of game and welcomes children to one of its tented camps, making it a decidedly family-friendly destination. After three days in Sibuya, the rest of your trip will be based in the idyllic Cape St Francis Resort, where a plethora of exciting activities and day excursions – as well as plenty of opportunities for relaxation – make for a wonderful end to your time in the Eastern Cape.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Embark on a total of six game drives through South Africa’s only game reserve accessed solely by boat.
- Travel into the wilds of Sibuya along the winding Kariega River.
- Watch for Africa’s Big Five – lions, leopards, elephants, black rhino and Cape buffalo – as well as elusive caracals, the rare bontebok and a wealth of other wildlife.
- Enjoy rest and relaxation in the coastal Cape St Francis Resort.
- Partake in plenty of activities both inside and outside the resort, including a trip to the picturesque Baviaanskloof Reserve.
This NWS RAW safari is an excellent choice for couples or families seeking a little something extra on their next adventure.