On this safari to the northwest of the Republic of the Congo, you'll discover two of the unique camps within the pristine Odzala-Kokoua National Park, and a third on a private concession bordering the national park. This is a lowland rainforest characterised by a network of bais, rivers, marshes and swamps. This vast and truly wild region, with its wide range of landscapes and habitat, is home to an incredible diversity of life. Forest elephant, leopard, bongo, forest buffalo, giant forest hog and hippo live alongside the greatest density of western lowland gorilla in all of Africa. Led by award-winning photojournalist Brent Stirton, this safari is perfect for adventurous travellers and photographers hoping to get off the beaten track for incredible wildlife experiences. The recipient of a plethora of awards for his photographic and humanitarian work, Brent will be on hand throughout this trip to provide a truly unique perspective on what you’ll witness both from behind your lens and with your own eyes.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Accompany multi-award-winning photojournalist Brent Stirton on a unique journey into the raw, wild side of the Republic of Congo.
- Spend 2-3 days tracking western lowland gorillas through the wilderness of Odzala-Kokoua National Park.
- An opportunity to spend time with primatologists German Illera and Dr. Magda Bermejo, and learn about the important research work being carried out in Odzala-Kokoua.
- Embark on night walks through the forest, searching for unusual nocturnal primates such as the galago and potto.
- Enjoy a pirogue trip downstream along the Lekoli River.
- Benefit from Brent’s decades of experience working in the field of investigative frontline photojournalism.
- Hone your own photography skills as you learn from Brent’s experiences covering wildlife, conservation and conflict around the world.
Learn from a master of his craft and experience one of africa's most untouched wildernesses on this safari.