When talking about Botswana safaris, the Okavango Delta often receives most of the attention, but far to the southeast lies a reserve that offers something unique to the more intrepid traveller. Mashatu’s vast open spaces, incredible vistas, breathtaking night skies and prolific wildlife make it a photographer’s paradise, and there are plenty of amenities available for guests to make best use of the natural wonders on offer here. Subjects include lions, leopards, cheetahs, wild dogs and spotted hyenas; zebra, giraffe, ostrich and plains antelope; and the largest population of elephants on private land in the entirety of Africa, over 1,000 individuals strong.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Spend a week exploring the biodiverse Mashatu Game Reserve, home to an array of breathtaking landscapes as well as over 350 species of bird, 50 species of mammal and reptile and over 150 species of tree.
- Enjoy three days’ exclusive use of the PhotoMashatu vehicle, designed especially for wildlife photographers.
- Exclusive use of photographic hides.
- Expert tutoring from the reserve’s resident wildlife photographer.
- Canon 7D body rental and lens hire included.
This safari is perfect for the wildlife photographer who wants to hone their craft and go beyond the ordinary.