What's in the guide?
This free and comprehensive guide to South Africa offers in-depth information and advice to help you prepare for your journey and inspire you to travel. Find out about our top wildlife viewing experiences, discover the best places to stay, and find out how to combine select species with your wildlife safari. Included in this guide you will find:
- The big five African Elephant, Rhino, Cape Buffalo, Lion, Leopard. Named the Big Five from times when hunting safaris took precedence over photographic, these animals were considered the most dangerous when hunting. Found in the majority of all National Parks and Game reserves in South Africa, with a high success rate of seeing all particularly in areas like the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve which forms part of the Kruger National Park.
- Exceptional opportunities to see South Africa’s marine Big Five from Cape Town in the Western Cape province all along the world-famous Garden Route to Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape
- The lesser-known little five, Elephant Shrew, Buffalo Weaver, Leopard Tortoise, Ant Lion, Rhino Beetle
- The ugly five, Hyena, Vulture, Wildebeest, Warthog, Marabou Stork
- The wine five, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Constantia, Durbanville.
- The luxury five, our top picks for accommodation in South Africa
There are some amazing photographs throughout the guide too, many taken in the field by our destination specialists and guides.
Many of our trips are on set dates and are limited to very few people, but we can also tailor specific safaris to your needs. Download the guide, or click the button below to get in touch with us straight away.