Talk to one of our specialists for further details on our small group Greenland safaris.
This small ship pioneering safari sees you navigate the rugged fjords and landscapes of the east coast of Greenland. Cruise past towering icebergs and intricate ice sculptures, and head ashore for hikes across the tundra in search of muskox, Arctic fox and other wildlife, accompanied by a team of expert polar guides.
THE SEA ICE SURROUNDING EAST GREENLAND BREAKS UP IN THE SUMMER, ALLOWING US TO EXPLORE THE REGIONS BREATHTAKING LANDSCAPES AND GLACIER-CARVED FJORDS.
Your exact itinerary will depend on weather conditions, but we hope to explore Scoresby Sund, the largest fjord system in the world, paying a visit to the Inuit settlement of Ittoqqortoormiit. If weather and ice conditions permit, we will sail north to Kong Oscar and Kejser Franz Josef fjords for spectacular scenery and wild landscapes.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Experience the towering icebergs and breathtaking icy scenery of east Greenland.
- Search for polar bears hunting on the ice or padding across the tundra.
- Marvel at the rugged mountains reflected in the still waters of the fjords.
- Experience a remote wilderness - it’s unlikely that you will see any other tourists in this part of the world!
- Watch the waters for the chance to see elusive narwhal, and whales breaking the surface of the calm waters.