As technology shrinks our planet and its farthest reaches become more accessible, novel adventures are ever rarer. But that's what you'll find at Base Camp Greenland, our deluxe safari - style camp near the edge of the Greenland ice sheet.
In East Greenland, one of the most isolated places on Earth, we are immersed in raw Arctic beauty while staying in surprising comfort.
Whales frequent the fjord, while icebergs, spawned from massive glaciers, glitter in the late sunset light. Beneath granite peaks that tower over deep inlets, we find stunning hiking and kayaking. Miniature wildflowers and cotton grass dot the tundra, and by early autumn, lowbush blueberries and crowberries ripen as dwarf birch turns gold.
Nothing compares to East Greenland for an epic Arctic adventure on the front lines of a rapidly changing climate - and there's no better way to experience it than from the wilderness base camp!
Join the August 4th departure for a special East Greenland expedition dedicated to Climate Change and how it is affecting northern wildlife, Indigenous communities and the planet's second-largest ice sheet.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- An exclusive itinerary - go where no one else does
- The only 'luxury' base camp in Greenland
- A small - group wilderness immersion
- Scenic helicopter flight from Kulusuk to Tasiilaq
- An authentic experience of contemporary Greenlandic Culture
- Diverse daily adventures on both land and sea