Some honeymooners are content with sunning themselves in Spain or the South of France, but others opt for something a little more adventurous. The South American nation of Peru offers both cultural and natural wonders to discover, the perfect combination for travellers seeking to celebrate a new marriage in style. On this 13-day trip you'll travel by train through the Sacred Valley, allowing you to take in the beauty of the Andean highlands through your window before arriving in the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Also on the agenda are tours of Lima and Cuzco; activities on and around Lake Titicaca, the largest lake in South America; and wildlife-spotting among the trees of the Amazon. Throughout your journey you'll also be staying in some of Peru's best lodges, where you and your partner will be able to relax after a day's adventure.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Visit the Uros, floating islands in Lake Titicaca made from tortura reeds by the local inhabitants, who are known as the 'Water Tribe'.
- Explore the ancient Inca capital of Peru, Cuzco, and find old temples and cathedrals.
- Catch a train through the Sacred Valley on your way to Machu Picchu.
- Explore the waterways of the Amazon by motorised canoe.
- Immerse yourself in the Amazon Rainforest and observe its abundant and diverse wildlife.