Talk to one of our specialists for further details on our Russia safaris.
Journey through the Northeast Passage, a lesser travelled route through the Russian High Arctic. Here you can watch for beautiful polar bears hunting on lush tundra, watch Arctic foxes hunting birds, and watch whales from the deck of the ship. With just 48 passengers, your ship will get you into smaller coves and fjords not accessible by larger ships. You’ll marvel at the isolation you’ll feel standing on islands that are about as far from civilisation as it’s possible to be.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Truly a geographical odyssey with only a handful of passenger vessels ever having completed a transit of this waterway.
- Enjoying the dramatic scenery and incredible wildlife of Russia
- Tracing the route of legendary Arctic explorer Adolf Erik Nordenskiold
- Visiting Wrangel Island and Franz Josef Land which have large concentrations of polar bears
- Exploring bird cliffs where colonies number in their thousands
- Watching for bowhead, beluga and narwhal whales from the bow of the ship
- Venturing ashore on some of the last known and seldom visited islands, the Severnaya Zemlya Archipelago
- Enjoying lectures by expert naturalists
- Sailing the mythical waters of Chukchi, East Siberian, Laptev, Kara & Barents Sea