The world's polar regions have long held a fascination for Chase Teron, and his passion for capturing these frozen landscapes on camera has led the Canadian to being one of the foremost up-and-coming photographers and Arctic guides there is. On this 11-day expedition you'll join Chase and a team of expedition leaders and naturalists as you explore the Svalbard Archipelago, home to vast snowfields, ice-choked fjords, frozen seas, towering mountains and rolling tundra. Inhabiting this Arctic wilderness are a plethora of animals, from seals and seabirds to humpback whales and polar bears. Chase will be on hand throughout your journey to share his expert photographic knowledge, accrued over years travelling the world with camera in hand. There are few more spectacular camera subjects than Svalbard and its wildlife, and you're sure to come away with once-in-a-lifetime images.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Receive expert, on-the-ground photography coaching from professional photographer Chase Teron.
- Experience the dramatic scenery and incredible wildlife of Svalbard from the deck of your expedition ship, in small zodiac boats or while exploring on land.
- Search the pack ice for polar bears hunting seals.
- Sail past precipitous cliffs where thousands-strong seabird colonies come to roost.
- Watch for whales from the bow of the M/S Freya.
- Enjoy zodiac cruises on icy glacier-fed seas.
- Learn more about Svalbard's flora and fauna from lectures taught by on-board expert naturalists.
Capture the unique landscapes of the High Arctic on camera, with expert guidance relayed with infectious enthusiasm by professional photographer Chase Teron.