Journey to the Falkland Islands in search of the wildlife that calls this rugged place home. Sailing from Puerto Madryn in Argentina, you will be given the opportunity to experience all the wildlife that this incredible location has to offer. Travelling on the M/V Plancius or M/V Ortelius will give you the opportunity to visit as many of the islands as the weather permits, and with a flexible itinerary, the wildlife here is the focus of your journey.
You will have the opportunity to visit the largest black-browed albatross colony in the world, with over 110,000 birds. Then head to Saunders Island to see rockhopper, king, Magellanic and gentoo penguins, and explore the capital of Stanley with its colourful houses and distinctly British charm on this 10-day adventure.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Comfortable accommodation combined with intrepid adventure across the windswept islands.
- Test your photography skills as a wide variety of seabirds swoop around the ship.
- Watch for dolphins swimming just off the bow of the ship.
- Visit islands where the penguins outnumber people and observe them in their natural habitat surfing the shore.
- Marvel at huge breeding colonies of southern elephant seals.