As the 24 hours of darkness that shrouds the continent for eight months of the year gives way to a brief austral summer, we are heading down to this vast wilderness to spend Christmas 2023 and New Year 2024 in one of the most unique and dramatic landscapes in the world. Join us for a guaranteed white Christmas!
No place on Earth compares to this vast white wilderness of elemental forces: snow, ice, water, rock. This frozen wilderness has long held much allure for adventurers and while it remains one of the hardest, most remote destinations to reach, it’s no longer the domain of a handful of bearded explorers or wintering research scientists.
We are delighted to have chartered the M/V Polar Pioneer, a small expedition ship, for an NWS exclusive trip to explore the very best spots of the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands. A team of expert guides, including historians and naturalists, will accompany you, offering an in-depth insight into the environment, wildlife and history of the continent as we utilise the benefit of having a small ship to reach often inaccessible landing sites.
There will be plenty of wildlife encounters; Antarctica is home to some of the world’s most extraordinary species. We’ll seek out gentoo, Adélie, and chinstrap penguins and keep an eye out for different whale and seal species as we explore.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Spend Christmas and New Year 2024 on the white continent
- The opportunity to explore diverse, remote locations within the southern continent.
- Conditions permitting, set foot on the continent of Antarctica.
- A huge array of wildlife including several species of penguin living in vast colonies, whales, seals and other seabirds.
- See the incredible landscape of Antarctica, cruising alongside vast icebergs and incredible ice formations.