What’s better than seeing the total solar eclipse, a cosmic phenomenon that occurs only about once every 18 months? Seeing it in Antarctica, of course – a place most people are lucky to see once in a lifetime. This incredible solar eclipse voyage gives you the chance to catch this moving celestial event in one of the most amazing locations on Earth. You'll be joined on the M/V Plancius by an expert astronomer, who will share their knowledge with you to ensure you make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Enjoy the dramatic scenery and wildlife of Antarctica.
- Experience the wildlife paradise of the Falkland Islands.
- Explore the ‘Serengeti of the South’, the incredible island of South Georgia.
- Navigate around tabular icebergs in zodiacs.
- Discover vast penguin rookeries.
- Watch for whales from the ship’s observation decks.
- Identify seabirds from the bow of your ship.
- Cruise by glaciers and into deep fjords.
- Set foot on the Antarctic continent.
- Admire the solar eclipse from your vantage point in the Southern Ocean.