The 10 nights you spend aboard this vessel are sure to completely change your outlook on this incredible part of the world. Spend days watching penguins tobogganing down the snow, many whale species piercing the smooth surface of the ice cold water and, of course, the huge sheet of ice that is the main peninsula itself. This extraordinary journey in either the Akademik Vavilov or the Akademik Ioffe charts an amazing itinerary starting in Drake Passage and heading towards the main peninsula, not missing the Shetland Islands on the way. Enjoy a range of amazing activities as you explore a land of absolutely unimaginable beauty.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Opportunity to visit and stand on the continent of Antarctica.
- Visit the South Shetland Islands.
- See vast penguin colonies.
- Conditions permitting, camp on the shore overnight and be one of the few to sleep on the great white continent.
- Cross the famous Drake Passage, followed by seabirds.