There are a host of highlights that draw travellers to Chile, and this adventurous safari takes in some of the best. From the Atacama Desert – one of the driest places on earth – to the mountains and glaciers of Patagonia, this long strip of a country contains within it a wide variety of landscapes and ecological regions for the intrepid explorer to experience. In addition to Chile’s natural wonders, you’ll be able to visit some of the country’s cultural highlights, including the capital city of Santiago and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Valparaiso.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Combine visits to the arid Atacama Desert with Patagonia’s Torres del Paine National Park.
- During your time in the Atacama, venture forth into the otherworldly landscapes of Valle de la Luna (Moon Valley) and Valle de la Muerte (Death Valley).
- Observe flamingo-filled lakes and huge geyser formations in the Atacama.
- Experience the immensity of Patagonia through a variety of guided excursions within the Torres del Paine, exploring mountains, lake and glaciers.
- Visit Valparaiso, one of the most unique and colourful towns in all of South America.