Talk to one of our specialists for further details on our Sri Lanka wildlife safaris.
A beautiful underwater adventure in Sri Lanka diving with whales. A truly unique opportunity to swim with, be photographed alongside, and assist in the research of the largest animal ever known to exist on earth, the blue whale.
This exclusive pioneering itinerary offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to assist a research team and be photographed with the mighty blue whale, led by one of our renowned photographers: Joshua Barton and his team. Joshua's NWS clients were the first non-professionals to photograph transient orcas underwater off the country's coast, during their safari in 2016.
Our guides have developed an expertise that is unmatched when it comes to close encounters with Sri Lanka's marine wildlife. You may also have the opportunity to be joined on your safari by a team of local researchers, allowing you to assist with their conservation efforts throughout your trip.
Spend your time heading out into the ocean in search of these gentle giants, before joining them in the water for a truly magical experience. When back on land, relax and enjoy the comforts of your secluded beachside resorts and reflect upon your unforgettable underwater encounters.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Snorkelling with the largest creature on the planet, the blue whale.
- Learning more about this remarkable species from our expert team.
- Contributing to blue whale conservation by working alongside local researchers.
- Spotting a host of other marine wildlife, including green sea turtles, spinner dolphins and pilot whales.
- Being photographed alongside these graceful sea-dwelling creatures.
- Drinking in the ambience at your beachside resorts after a day on the water.
- Coming home with once-in-a-lifetime memories that few others will have!