This exclusive pioneering itinerary offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to assist a research team and be photographed with the mighty blue whale, led by one of two world-renowned photographers, Patrick Dykstra and Joshua Barton. Patrick was part of the first team of photographers to locate and interact with Sri Lanka's blue whales following the nation’s civil war, while Joshua's NWS clients were the first non-professionals to photograph transient orcas underwater off the country's coast, during their safari in 2016.
Both guides have developed an expertise that is unmatched when it comes to close encounters with Sri Lanka's marine wildlife. You will also be joined on your safari by a team of local researchers, allowing you to assist with their conservation efforts throughout your trip.
Spend your time heading out into the ocean in search of these gentle giants, before joining them in the water for a truly magical experience. When back on land, relax and enjoy the comforts of your secluded beachside resort and reflect upon your unforgettable underwater encounters.
What makes this trip extraordinary?
- Snorkelling with the largest creature on the planet, the blue whale.
- Learning more about this remarkable species from Patrick Dykstra or Joshua Barton, two of the world’s foremost blue whale experts.
- Contributing to blue whale conservation by working alongside local researchers.
- Spotting a host of other marine wildlife, including green sea turtles, spinner dolphins and pilot whales.
- Being photographed alongside these graceful sea-dwelling creatures.
- Drinking in the ambience at your beachside resort after a day on the water.
- Coming home with once-in-a-lifetime memories that few others will have!