Starting in Sepilok, visit the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre to observe orangutan feeding time and see these curious primates up close. From here, you head to the Kinabatangan River where the wildlife is prolific at the shores as your cruise some of its length. Danum Valley is next, 43 kilometres of pristine rainforest, from which to go in search of the amazing wildlife, such as birds, elephant and orangutans, and if you are very lucky, maybe even clouded leopard or Sumatran rhino. Finally head back to Kota Kinabalu to relax by the stunning beaches and turquoise waters.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- See orangutans in the wild, and in the rehabilitation centre.
- Wildlife cruises down the Kinabatangan River .
- Chances of spotting clouded leopard and Sumatran rhino in the Danum Valley.
- Explore forest trails and jungle canopy walks.
- Relax on stunning beaches after your wildlife adventure.
Combine rainforests and beaches to enjoy the highlights of Borneo.