First airing in November 2018, Dynasties is a landmark documentary series produced by the BBC's celebrated Natural History Unit. Presented by the evergreen Sir David Attenborough, each episode follows members of a single species who must strive to preserve the future of their bloodline. The stars of Episode 4 are a pack of painted dogs led by an alpha female, Tait, who live in Zimbabwe's Mana Pools National Park. On this safari, you'll have the chance to go in search of this very same pack, as well the park's other painted dogs and a host of other wildlife, from lions, leopards and crocodiles to elephants, zebra and buffalo. The award-winning wildlife photographer Nick Dyer, who has worked extensively with painted dogs, will be your guide.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Utilise the expertise of wildlife photographer Nick Dyer, who will teach you all about photography, painted dogs and the African experience in general.
- Search for the painted dogs of Mana Pools on game drives in your own private safari vehicle.
- Venture into the bush alongside a qualified walking safari guide, giving you the chance to approach the dogs on foot.
- Contribute to the Painted Wolf Foundation, an organisation co-founded by Nick, as part of your safari fee.
- Spot a huge variety of other wildlife in this rich and verdant ecosystem.
- Stay in three well-appointed and excellently located camps in the Mana Pools wilderness: Zambezi Expeditions Camp, Kanga Camp and Nyamatusi Camp.
A unique safari experience tailored to the painted dog aficionado.