Mana Pools National Park and the neighbouring Sapi Concession (along with the Chewore Safari Area) form one of Zimbabwe’s five UNESCO World Heritage Sites. On this expedition, you’ll venture far into the bush to discover what makes this region so special. Enriched by the waters of the Zambezi, the lakes, floodplains and riverbanks here attract some of Africa’s largest fauna – in considerable numbers – making this one of the continent's most renowned game-viewing regions. Specially tailored for those seeking intrepid walking safaris and an authentic camping experience, the Greater Mana Expedition is ideal for travellers who wish to truly immerse themselves in the African wilderness.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Explore the Sapi Concession, designated a private photographic reserve in 2016.
- Venture through the wildlife-rich Mana Pools National Park, designated as an internationally important Ramsar wetland site.
- Watch as a host of iconic African animals flock to the region’s waterways, from lions, leopards and crocodiles to elephants, zebra and buffalo.
- Look to the skies above, where over 450 species of bird have been recorded.
- Camp with just a handful of other travellers out in the bush, staying in explorer-style camps and on raised starbeds.
- Discover the wonders of the Greater Mana ecosystem alongside an expert guide, on walking safaris, game drives and canoe outings.