This short safari is the perfect tonic for wildlife-lovers who want to see a variety of species in under a week. You’ll be able to experience three disparate but equally exciting areas of northern Tanzania, spotting the African “Big Five” as well as cheetahs, crocodiles, hippos, giraffes, flocks of waterbirds, and herds of zebra, wildebeest, gazelle and eland. After beginning in Lake Manyara National Park, your safari will take you into Ngorongoro Crater – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and then on to the Namiri Plains of the Serengeti, one of the most exclusive areas in all of Tanzania, offering you intimate wildlife encounters during your game drives.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Catch sight of the Big Five in two different locations.
- Explore Lake Manyara National Park and watch the seasonal migration of pink flamingos.
- Descend into one of the most densely populated wildlife havens in all of Africa, the Ngorongoro Crater.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch while watching hippos wallow in the Ngoitokitok Springs.
- Visit Olduvai Gorge and Shifting Sands, two unique landmarks in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Watch big cats stalk their prey across the vast Namiri Plains, one of the most remote areas of Serengeti National Park.