This trip to the southern tip of Africa sees you taking part in a number of adventurous activities. Cape Town offers the chance to indulge in culture and gastronomy, while also learning to paddle board. Later, ride over picturesque sand dunes on a 4x4, free dive in rockpools the size of swimming pools and watch for cetaceans along the Whale Coast. This rugged stretch of coastline snakes along the Atlantic Ocean, with magnificent fynbos-blanketed mountains rising up from the interior. You'll also pay a visit to De Hoop Nature Reserve, known for its spectacular natural scenery, excellent hiking trails and abundant wildlife. This magnificent reserve stretches over 34,000 hectares of beautiful landscape covered in indigenous fynbos, and is home to a variety of mammals including baboons, bonteboks, elands and Cape mountain zebra.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Experience the cultural highlights of vibrant Cape Town.
- Kayak or stand-up paddleboard with penguins.
- Swim with fur seals accompanied by a Blue Planet II photographer.
- Snorkel in natural Olympic-sized rockpools with a marine biologist.
- Spot whales breaching beneath you from a clifftop lookout before heading to sea to join them.
- Explore South Africa's stunning coastline, stopping at quirky seaside towns.
- Discover secret secluded coves and forgotten shipwrecks.
- Private guide and vehicle, culinary treats and unforgettable sundowners.
- An included scenic flight of just over an hour across the waters between Hermanus and the southernmost tip of Africa.
- Extend your trip with a visit to the iconic Kruger National Park to see the terrestrial Big Five.