This trip is ideal for those safari-goers who, having already seen the vast floodplains of the Okavango Delta, wish to instead venture off the beaten track in Botswana. Vast open spaces, incredible vistas, breathtaking night skies and prolific wildlife make the Mashatu Game Reserve a photographer’s paradise, and there are plenty of amenities available for guests to make best use of the natural wonders on offer here. While one safari you can enjoy photographic lectures, capture stunning low-angle shots of wildlife from photographic hides, and revel in stargazing once night falls in this area of low light pollution. Your specialist photographic leader, Shaaz Jung, is a renowned wildlife photographer and big cat expert with a strong focus on using ecotourism as a tool for conservation. Under his tutelage you can learn more about the animal residents of Mashatu and how best to capture them on camera.
What makes this trip extraordinary
- Receive expert photographic tuition and inspiration from Shaaz Jung, supported by Mashatu's expert in-house guides.
- Immerse yourself in the varied wildlife experience of the game-rich Mashatu Reserve.
- Search for photographic subjects like lions, leopards, cheetahs, painted dogs, and the largest population of elephants on private land in the entirety of Africa (over 1,000 individuals strong).
- Enjoy exclusive use of Mashatu Camp and its photographic facilities.
- Attend occasional photographic lectures led by Shaaz.
- Capture stunning low-angle images from one of Mashatu’s underground hides.
- Look up at the night sky and stargaze following a day of safari activities.